Poster Sessions: "Expanding Our Universe"
Poster Sessions: "Expanding Our Universe"
Wednesday, October 5
10:15 am - 11:15 am
Location: East Ballroom with the Exhibits
- ABCDEFG: What is the Best Instruction Resource for Me?
Cindy Sheffield, MLS, MBA, Education Librarian, Welch Medical Library, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD
[PDF - 538KB]
- Career Trailblazing: Mentoring Staff to Become Future Librarians
Catharine S. Canevari, Shannon D. Jones, Susan J. Phipps, Jean P. Shipman, AHIP, Alan T. Williams, Barbara Allen Wright, AHIP, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
[PowerPoint - 16.8MB]
- Changing Space Needs and Electronic Resources Migration: Moving Towards A Library For the 21st Century
Anne Linton, MS, Director, Library Services, Himmelfarb Health Science Library, Kathe Obrig, MLS, Associate Director, Collections and Access Services; Patricia Wilson, MIS, Associate Director, Public Services: The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington D.C.
- Chartering New Territory: The Medical History Interest Group
Kathy Cable, Reference Liaison Librarian, MLS; Patricia Greenstein, Assistant Director for Bibliographic Management and Collection Support Services, MLS, AHIP, Laupus Library, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- COIN: VCU's Compass in the Quest for Healthy Communities
Jean P. Shipman, AHIP, Director, Susan J. Phipps, COIN Coordinator, Tompkins- McCaw Library for the Health Sciences, VCU Libraries; Cynthia J. Simonson, Senior Advisor to the Director, Clinical and External Affairs, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
[PowerPoint - 2.6MB]
- Collection Development Retreat: "Learning to Utilize All of Your Resources
Karen Stanley Grigg, Head, Collection Development and Electronic Resources Librarian, Duke Medical Center Library; Charlie Lackey, Assistant Director of Cataloging and Collection Development Services, Duke University Medical Center Library, Durham, NC
- Communication Innovation & Information Access through Internet Training and Resources: Outreach to Students and Alzheimer's Caregivers
Ann Duesing, Outreach Librarian, Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia, based at UVA's College at Wise, Wise, VA
- Forming a Partnership for Development of a Mental Status Instrument for Transplant Candidates
Hattie H. Vines, MSLS, AHIP, Duke University Medical Center Library; Ellen M. Stone, MSW, LCSW, Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
- The Information Behind Care: Partnering in an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice Program
Holly A. Willis, MLIS, Liaison Librarian, Johns Hopkins University Welch Medical Library, Baltimore, MD
[PDF - 493KB]
- Library in a Box: Re-engaging with Users via a Scholarly Circuit Librarian Program
Shannon D. Jones, Education Services Outreach Librarian, Barbara A. Wright, AHIP, Reference Services Librarian, Jodi Koste, Head, Resources and Operations, Virginia Stone, Education Services Librarian, Catherine Canevari, Head, Education and User Services, Jean P. Shipman, Director, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- A New Role for Hospital-Based Librarians in Academic Medical Centers: Providing Consumer Health Information Curricular-Based Practica
Patricia A. Hammond, MSLS, AHIP; Jean P. Shipman, MSLS, AHIP; and Cate S. Canevari, MLS; Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.
- Nominate Them and They Will Come: Fellowships for Faculty Training
Ellen C. Ramsey, Learning Resources Manager, Andrea S. Horne, Assistant Director for Information Services, Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Nurses and Librarians: Searching for Excellence Together
Mary Kinler, MS, APRN, BC, FNP, Advanced Practice Specialist, Susan Keller, MT (ASCP), MLS, Children's National Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
[PowerPoint - 332KB]
- Open Access Publishing Patterns: A Snapshot of Two Academic Medical Centers
KT Vaughan, Stefanie Warlick, and Carol G. Jenkins, AHIP, FMLA, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill; Virginia M. Carden, AHIP, and Patricia L. Thibodeau, AHIP, Medical Center Library, Duke University, Durham, NC
[PDF - 410KB]
- Promoting Equity in Health Information: A Community Outreach Collaboration
Richard Billingsley, RN, MSLS, Information & Instruction Coordinator; Betsy Gardiner, RN, MSLS, Reference Librarian; Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library; Karyn L. Pomerantz, Research Scientist, MLS, MPH, School of Public Health and Health Services; Eduardo Pezo, MPH: Research Assistant, School of Public Health and Health Services; Patricia Wilson MIS, Associate Director, Public Services; The George Washington University, Washington D.C.
- Recruiting and Mentoring the Next Generation of Health Sciences Librarians
Shannon D. Jones, Education Services Outreach Librarian, Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA ; Lynne U Turman, Head, Collections, Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA ; Melanie Norton, Interlibrary Loan Coordinator, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- A Statewide Outreach Planning Initiative: A Two-Phased Multi-Disciplinary Approach
Karen W. Dillon, Manager, Library Services, Health Sciences Libraries, Carilion Health System, Roanoke, VA ; Barbara A. Wright, AHIP, Reference Services Librarian, Tompkins-McCaw Library, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA ; Kelly Near, Outreach Librarian, Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
- T3: Mapping Innovations that Matter*
K.T.L. Vaughan, MSLS. Librarian for Bioinformatics & Pharmacy, UNC-Chapel Hill Health Sciences Library, Chapel Hill, NC
[PDF - 1.6MB]
- Taking a New Path to Psychology-Related Literature: A Review and Comparison of Resources*
Susan Arnold, Virginia Bender, and Sally Brown, West Virginia University Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Health Sciences Library, Morgantown, WV
- Tracking Where Institutional Authors Publish
Virginia R.M. Carden, MSLS, Administrative Research Librarian; Patricia L. Thibodeau, MLS, MBA, Associate Dean, Duke University, Medical Center Library, Durham, NC