MLA Librarians Without Borders Ursula Poland International Scholarship
The Librarians without Borders® Ursula Poland International Scholarship helps fund an international project by a US or Canadian health sciences librarian. Endowed in 2014, this award is designed to enable MLA to help fund a wide range of individuals whose projects are related to health sciences librarianship in an international context. The scholarship recipient receives a certificate at the MLA annual meeting and a scholarship award of $1,000 to fund expenses associated with an international health sciences library project.
- Applicants must be members of MLA.
- Applicants will hold a professional library or information science qualification but in the case of exceptional candidates this criterion may be waived.
- Applicants must be currently working in a US or Canadian health sciences library.
- Applicants must have at least 5 years of continuous work experience in a US or Canadian health sciences library.
- The scholarship award is contingent upon completion of the project within 18 months of notification of the award.
- A project report to the Librarians without Borders® Advisory Committee is required upon completion of the project