The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2010 MAC Annual Meeting.
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association 2010 Annual Meeting will be held from October 13-15, 2010 in Chapel Hill, NC at the University of North Carolina’s William and Ida Friday Conference Center.
One scholarship will be awarded. The selected recipient will receive complimentary conference registration, which includes most meals, lodging at the conference hotel, and a one-year MAC/MLA membership.
Scholarship applicants must be:
• A MAC member with 3 or less years of post-MLS experience
• A first-time attendee at a the MAC/MLA Annual meeting
• Currently employed in a hospital or academic medical center library in the MAC/MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
• Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog.
• Committed to attend ENTIRE meeting from October 13-15, 2010.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
• Obtain a letter of recommendation from their supervisor or library director
• Submit an essay, NO MORE THAN 500 WORDS, describing your interest in participating in the 2010 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC/MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
• Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 17, 2010.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Monday, August 23, 2010.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please contact Ryan Harris if you have any further questions, email@example.com, 410-706-1315