2013 MLA One Health registration available
Join your Medical Library Association (MLA) colleagues and register for One Health May 3–8, 2013, in Boston, MA!
Expand your professional network at this unique international meeting, with presenters from more than 30 countries expected. In addition to the conversations you’ll have with your worldwide colleagues, expect fresh ideas from keynote speaker Richard Besser, /ABC News /senior health and medical editor.
One Health will feature more papers and poster presentations than any previous MLA meeting, covering an even greater breadth of topics. The theme of“One Health” encompasses not only human and animal health, but also public health, environmental health, climate change, food safety and production, and international policy—emphasizing interdisciplinary and international collaboration.
Register now and reserve your room at the Sheraton Boston, the official conference headquarters hotel. View the *Invitation to MLA ’13 for an exciting video tour of what Boston has to offer attendees! Special tours (including library tours) will be available for One Health attendees. You can also view the Exhibitor List.
Register for One Health Continuing Education courses organized in tracks according to professional competency areas, with many new courses on offer.
Additional plenary session speakers:
- Joanne Gard Marshall, AHIP, FMLA, alumni distinguished professor, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and producer of the “Rochester Study”, the highly cited report on the impact of the hospital library on clinical decision making.
- Sheila Davis, director of global nursing at Partners in Health (PIH), and clinical assistant professor in the School of Nursing at the MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston, MA.
- Laurie Garrett, senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations and bestselling author of /The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World Out of Balance /and /Betrayal of Trust: The Collapse of Global Public Health/.
This federated international meeting will incorporate:
- 2013 MLA Annual Meeting and Exhibition (MLA’ 13)
- 11th International Congress on Medical Librarianship (ICML)
- 7th International Conference of Animal Health Information Specialists (ICAHIS)
- 6th International Clinical Librarian Conference
We look forward to seeing you at this special international meeting in Boston!