2015 MAC Student Vision Scholarship
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites library students to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2015 MAC Annual Meeting which will be held from October 18-20, 2015, at the Doubletree by Hilton Asheville-Biltmore, North Carolina.
Students attending the conference are invited to explore the benefits of health sciences librarianship through interaction, networking, and mentorship. Special programming elements are being designed for student involvement. This unique opportunity for emerging professionals includes:
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception on October 18th
- Inclusive Registration for October 18-20
- Conference buddy assignment
Five scholarships will be awarded. Along with complimentary registration for the Welcome Reception and the full conference, scholarship recipients will receive meals that are provided as part of the conference program.
The Student Vision Scholarship does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental), accommodations (hotel), or meals outside of conference programming on Oct 18-20 as defined above.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A current library student
- Attending an ALA accredited library school in the MAC region or
- Working in the MAC region and attending any distance education ALA accredited library school.
- Full or part-time student
- Willing to submit a ½ page report detailing their experience and impressions of the program to appear in the MAC Messages newsletter by November 30th, 2015.
- Committed to attend the Welcome Reception on October 18th and as much of the conference programming as possible
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a library school faculty member
- Submit an essay (no more than 500 words) describing their interest in health sciences librarianship
- Submit a current resume and cover letter
Deadline for Submission
Completed applications should be emailed to Elaine Sullo, Julie Silverman, and Na Lin, co-coordinators of the Student Vision Scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 28, 2015. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by September 7, 2015