2020 Annual LAUNC-CH Conference: Call for proposals
The Library Association at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (LAUNC-CH) Conference Committee invites you to submit a presentation, workshop, or poster proposal for the 2020 LAUNC-CH Conference, scheduled for Monday, March 9, 2019 at the FedEx Global Education Center on UNC’s campus in Chapel Hill, N.C.
This year’s conference theme is:
Empowering from within: motivating, valuing and leveraging ALL library staff to better serve users.
The conference committee is calling for presentations, workshops, and posters that examine how we can support library staff in every position and career path.
The 20 or 40-minute presentations and workshops could cover:
* Importance of documenting procedures and providing training to preserve institutional knowledge and skills
* Cultural humility and working in culturally diverse groups
* Cross-departmental and/or cross-functional collaboration
* Adapting to different communication styles
* Building communication and interpersonal skills
* Ideas to increase employee engagement
* Bringing personal interests to daily work
* Advantageous introversion
* Blended work between technical and public services
* Preventing burn out
* Creating motivational spaces
* Developing mentorship programs
* Self-advocacy and professional growth
* Ideas to increase transparency and accountability
This year we will accept posters about individual research or work experience related to the conference theme.
If you have any questions, or if you’re wondering whether your topic fits the conference theme, please contact Joanneke Elliott: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome proposals from professionals and staff at and beyond UNC-Chapel Hill. Submissions from public Libraries, special libraries, and from academic institutions outside of the Triangle are strongly encouraged!
More details about the conference, including the proposal form and the Diversity Scholarship application, are on the LAUNC-CH website at http://launcch.web.unc.edu/
Please submit conference proposals by January 19, 2020.