Announcing MAC-MLA 2010: A New Vision for Health Sciences Libraries
October 13 – 15, 2010
William and Ida Friday Center
Chapel Hill, NC
The 2010 Annual Meeting of the Mid Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association features:
* Keynote speaker Lisa Sanders, MD, author of Every Patient Tells a Story: Medical Mysteries and the Art of Diagnosis
* “Setting Our Sights on Research” panel discussion on conducting research
* Paper and poster sessions detailing innovative strategies and services from your MAC colleagues
* Round table lunch discussions on trends and special topics
* Challenging continuing education courses, including courses on technology planning, managing e-resources, and health literacy
* A thought-provoking luncheon and symposium on the role of libraries in E-Science featuring Neil Rambo
Special events at the conference will include a welcome reception at the Carolina Inn, dine-arounds, and a golf outing. Read more online at http://www.macmla2010.org<http://www.macmla2010.org/
Online Registration available at http://www.macmla2010.org/registration.html
* All MAC attendees are invited to the lunch on Friday featuring e-Science speaker Neil Rambo.
* If you plan to attend the E-Science Symposium following the lunch on Friday, you must choose the option on the registration form. There is no additional cost for MAC attendees with inclusive registration, though seating is limited to the first 50 to register for it.
* A limited number of additional seats are available to non-MAC attendees for $25.
Register by August 27th to save $50! Online registration ends on September 29th.
On-site registration must be paid in cash or by check. We will not have the facilities to take credit cards at the Registration Desk.
We look forward to seeing you in Chapel Hill in October!
Megan von Isenburg and Rick Peterson
MAC 2010 Annual Meeting Co-Chairs