Announcing the NNLM SEA Meme Contest!
Happy Medical Librarians and Health Literacy Month! To celebrate, NNLM SEA is hosting a Meme Contest!
Who Can Participate?
All NNLM SEA members – if you’re not a member and wish to join, you can do so here.
What Do I Have to Do?
For the month of October, we want you to share health memes, created by YOU! Here’s how you can create one:
- No copyrighted images will be accepted.
- Twitter images should be a width/height: minimum 600 x 335 pixels to maximum 1200 x 675 pixels. The aspect ratio should be 16:9 with a maximum image size of 15mb for Twitter.
- Facebook images should be at a maximum 1200 x 630 pixels.
Create your health meme. You can use a free service such as imgflip to create your meme.
- Please make sure your memes are appropriate and respectful.
- Any determined to be inappropriate will be removed.
Names of players will be entered into a lottery for a prize listed below. Individuals can submit THREE different health themed memes to get three chances at winning! Start NOW and submit through October 31!
Looking for Inspiration?
Feel free to use one of these images to create a health meme if you are unable to find a free image:
How Should I Share My Meme?
- Start sharing now until October 31st via your Twitter or Facebook accounts.
- Make sure that your post is “viewable for the public” so that we can see your submission.
- Be sure to tag @NNLMSEA on Facebook or Twitter and include #NNLMmeme in your post.
- We’ll share your post so that others can see your creativity!
- Tag your library or organization too in your social media post!
Don’t want to use your own social media account? E-mail your Health Meme directly to Liz Waltman who will share it on our social media accounts and credit you with your submission.
What Do I Get?
If you’re in the SEA region, you will be entered into a drawing and can select one of the following continuing education opportunities:
- Take The Inclusive Manager’s Toolkit, a 10-week online course for anyone in a formal or informal leadership or managerial role who wants to have inclusive and practical tools for maximizing workforce performance.
- Have the administrative fees covered to host Library Carpentry Workshops, a program designed to build software and data skills within library and information-related communities to empower people to use software and data in their own work.
- You can receive free conference registration or continuing education opportunity (virtual or in-person) of your choice up to $1,500 for one person.
Whatever you select, registration must be completed by March 31, 2021.
When Will Winners Be Announced?
We will draw a winner the first week of November. Winners will be notified by e-mail and we’ll share the name of our award winner on social media!
Thank you for all you do to promote health literacy in the SEA region – Keep up the great work!