Apply now for the Estelle Brodman Award for the Academic Medical Librarian of the Year.
The Estelle Brodman Award recognizes an academic medical librarian at mid-career level who demonstrates significant achievement, the potential for leadership, and continuing excellence. Recipients receive a certificate at the MLA annual meeting and a cash award of $500 following the meeting.
Criteria for the award are as follows:
- The nominee must be a member of MLA.
- The nominee must be in “mid-career” at the time of the award, defined as someone working at least 5 years and not more than 15 years in an academic health sciences library; the nominee may not be a library director.
- The nominee must have worked in an academic health sciences library for each of the last five years immediately preceding the nomination, and must be an academic health sciences librarian at the time of the award.
- The nomination may be made for outstanding national or international contributions to academic health sciences librarianship as demonstrated by excellence in performance (leadership), publications, research, service, or a combination of these four elements.
- The nominee must show potential for leadership and continuing excellence at mid-career in the area of academic health sciences librarianship.
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged!
For details and a nomination form, see Estelle Brodman Award.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, November 1st (11:59 CT).
Please direct any questions to Kathleen Carlson, Brodman Award Jury Chair, at email@example.com .