Apply to the MAC Conference Scholarship for the 2019 Annual Meeting
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2018 MAC Annual Meeting. This year’s meeting will be held October 5th – 7th in Durham, NC.
One scholarship will be awarded. The selected recipient will receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception
- Meals that are provided as part of the conference program
- Lodging at the conference hotel (reimbursed)
- One-year MAC-MLA membership
The Conference Scholar program does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental) or meals outside of conference programming on October as defined above. The cost of any continuing education (CE) classes are not included in the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A MAC member with 5 or less years of post-MLS experience
- Preference will be given to first time attendees of the MAC Annual Meeting but all new librarian applicants are welcome
- Currently employed in a medical or health science librarian position in the MAC-MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
- Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog by December 10th, 2019.
- Committed to attend the entire meeting
Past awardees of the MAC Scholarship are not eligible.
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or library director
- Submit an essay, (no more than 500 words), describing your interest in participating in the 2019 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC-MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
- Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at email@example.com by Sunday, September 1st, 2019.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, September 6th, 2019.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please contact Ryan Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org, MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee Chair, if you have any further questions.