Apply to the MAC Conference Scholarship for the 2022 Annual Meeting
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2022 MAC Annual Meeting, Choose Your Adventure. This year’s meeting will be held October 23-25, 2022, at the Omni Richmond Hotel in Richmond, VA.
Conference Scholar Award
One scholarship will be awarded.
The selected recipient will receive:
- Complimentary conference registration for October 23-25
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception
- Meals that are provided as part of the conference program
- Lodging at the conference hotel (reimbursed)
- One-year MAC-MLA membership
The Conference Scholar program DOES NOT include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental) or meals outside of conference programming on Oct 23-25 as defined above. The cost of any continuing education (CE) classes are not included in the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A MAC member with 5 or less years of post-MLS experience
- Preference will be given to first time attendees of the MAC Annual Meeting but all new librarian applicants are welcome
- Currently employed in a medical or health science librarian position in the MAC-MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
- Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog by Dec. 12th, 2022
- Committed to attend ENTIRE meeting
Past awardees of the MAC Scholarship are not eligible.
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or library director
- Submit an essay, (no more than 500 words), describing your interest in participating in the 2022 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC-MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
- Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission
- Applicants should email their completed applications for the MAC Conference Scholars Program to email@example.com (adding MACSCHOLARS in the subject line) by Friday, September 2, 2022.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, September 9, 2022.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.