Attend MLA ’18 on a Budget with Money Saving Tips
Keep in mind the cost of the meeting is only one side of the equation. The other side is the positive value that attending MLA ’18 will bring to your organization, you, and your career. Register for MLA’18 http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1282 by 12:00 midnight, April 18th for the early-bird discount.
Lodging– Book your hotel reservation at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1260 by the discount cut-off date, April 18. You will be near meetings, exhibits, and networking opportunities, saving travel time and money. The discounted room rate is $219 for single or double occupancy. Share the cost with roommates. To locate a roommate, post a “Roommate Wanted” notice on Medlib-L http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=33 or #mlanet18 – Let your social-media contacts know you are going to MLA ’18. Exercise caution when selecting a roommate you don’t know.
Travel – Hartsfield has low-cost flights by Southwest, Delta, ExpressJet, American, US Air, United, Alaska Airlines, AirTran, and Spirit. Click here for discounts on Delta http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1287.
For a Taxi, ask about the flat rate to the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Peachtree Center.
Get discounts on AVIS car rentals: http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1287
Use apps to save on parking with apps: http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1122&blogaid=1933
Food – Use the MLA ’18 Restaurant Guide in your meeting bag for moderately priced restaurants
- Eat family style with colleagues — Share main courses
- Dine arounds on Thursday & Friday. Signup at the Hospitality Desk
- Buy food at a local store
- Fill up at the Welcome Reception, Saturday, 5pm and at refreshment breaks, Sunday at 2:30pm and Monday at 10am & 2:30pm in Exhibits.
- Breakfast and learn about new products at a Sunrise Seminar, 7:00 AM – 8:55 AM, Sunday and Monday. Check the online program for the schedule: https://www.eventscribe.com/2018/MLA/
- Attend exhibitor receptions Sunday and Monday. Look for vendor invites.