MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a Health Sciences Librarian
MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a New Health Sciences Librarian |
Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award
One-Person Library Recognition Award (No Longer Awarded)
MAC Student Vision Scholarship | MAC Conference Scholar Program
This award is given to a MAC member for exemplary service to the Chapter during the past year. The award was named the Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award in 1994, and the Abel family donated money to begin financing the award. Marguerite (Marge) Abel was the first reference librarian and assistant director at the Health Sciences Library of West Virginia University. Marge Abel retired from that library in 1994.
A plaque and a cash award of $250.00 will be awarded to the recipient.
Criteria used to determine the recipients of the award include, but are not limited to:
- serving as an officer or committee chair/member
- working on special MAC projects
- developing/teaching courses for MAC members
- presenting papers or posters at MAC meetings
- writing/editing for MAC publications
- acting as a mentor or consultant for MAC members
- representing MAC to other groups
|Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award|