MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a Health Sciences Librarian
MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a New Health Sciences Librarian |
Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award
One-Person Library Recognition Award (No Longer Awarded)
MAC Student Vision Scholarship | MAC Conference Scholar Program
The purpose of the MAC Award for Excellence by Health Sciences Library Staff (formerly known as the MAC MLA Outstanding Health Sciences Library Paraprofessional of the Year Award) is to honor an outstanding library staff member in a health sciences library and to recognize the critical role and important contributions library staff make to the development and evolution of health sciences libraries and librarianship. You may nominate yourself for this award with a supporting letter from a colleague or supervisor.
Candidates for this award need not be a member of MAC MLA. If there are no suitable candidates nominated, the award is not given. The award is usually presented by the MAC-MLA President during the Fall Meeting.
A plaque, one-year MAC membership, and a cash award of $250 will be award to the recipient.
Considerations/criteria for nominating a staff member for this award include, but are not limited to, a staff member that:
- Provides consistently, excellent library service
- Continually suggests improvements or innovative ideas and is willing to take the lead in making good suggestions a reality
- Encourages and promotes the library’s mission, facilities and resources
- Enhances the promotion and marketing endeavors of the library through facilitating productive, effective communication between users and the library
- Be professionally curious and is willing to take risks, even if that means moving beyond their comfort zone
- Be a lifelong learner and regularly attends training or other local or regional events to improve their skills and knowledge base
|MAC Award for Excellence by Health Sciences Library Staff (formerly known as the MAC MLA Outstanding Health Sciences Library Paraprofessional of the Year Award)l|
|2019||Kerri Ann Gordon|
|2016||Carrie S. Forbes|