MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a Health Sciences Librarian
MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a New Health Sciences Librarian |
Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award
One-Person Library Recognition Award (No Longer Awarded)
MAC Student Vision Scholarship | MAC Conference Scholar Program
The purpose of the MAC MLA Outstanding Health Sciences Library Paraprofessional of the Year Award is to honor an outstanding library paraprofessional in a health sciences library and to recognize the critical role and important contributions library paraprofessionals make to the development and evolution of modern health sciences libraries and librarianship.
Candidates for this award must be a current MAC member. If there are no suitable candidates nominated, the award is not given. The award is usually presented by the MAC-MLA President during the Fall Meeting.
A plaque, one-year MAC membership, and a cash award of $250 will be award to the recipient.
Considerations/criteria for nominating a paraprofessional for this award include, but are not limited to, a paraprofessional that:
- Provides consistently, excellent library service
- Continually suggests improvements or innovative ideas and is willing to take the lead in making good suggestions a reality
- Encourages and promotes the library’s mission, facilities and resources
- Enhances the promotion and marketing endeavors of the library through facilitating productive, effective communication between users and the library
- Is professionally curious and is willing to take risks, even if that means moving beyond their comfort zone
- Is a lifelong learner and regularly attends training or other local or regional events to improve their skills and knowledge base
|MAC Award for Outstanding
Health Sciences Library Paraprofessional
|2019||Kerri Ann Gordon|
|2016||Carrie S. Forbes|