Call for 2017-18 Committee Volunteers
MAC committees work diligently throughout the entire year to make sure that MAC is a thriving and dynamic chapter and members who volunteer for committees are the heart of our chapter! Volunteering allows you to network with other members, develop leadership skills, and improve your knowledge. It is also a lot of fun! Please consider applying for one or more of the following committees:
- Annual Meeting Planning Committee – Plans for the annual meeting content, schedule, continuing education classes, exhibits, publicity, registration, and hospitality.
- Communications Committee – Coordinates MAC communication through the MAC Messages blog, listserv, and MAC website.
- Honors and Awards Committee – Recognizes and rewards professional activities of MAC members.
- Membership and Recruitment Committee – Conducts an annual membership drive, maintains and publishes a brochure for recruitment purposes in conjunction with the Publications Committee, coordinates the MAC Scholarship Award and MAC Student Vision Program.
- Nominating Committee – Under the leadership of the Immediate past MAC Chair, this Committee prepares an annual slate of nominees for each office to be filled and prepares and distributes the email ballots to MAC members eligible to vote.
- Professional Development Committee – Coordinates the Chapter’s efforts in continuing education and provides information and guidance to groups and individuals on matters relating to professional development. Coordinates the CE at the annual MAC meeting
- Research and Assessment Committee – This Committee explores ways to promote interest in and recognize research activities by MAC members, and fosters the development of research-related skills. The committee also reviews applicants and awards the Research and Assessment Committee grant.
To apply for a committee please complete this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SST3SNR
All members are encouraged to apply but newer members are especially welcome! The deadline to apply is December 8. Applicants will be reviewed by the 2017-2018 committee chairs.