Call for Papers and Posters for the 2016 MLA Tri-Chapter Meeting
You are invited to submit proposals for contributed papers and posters for the 2016 Tri-Chapter Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter, New York-New Jersey Chapter, and Philadelphia Chapter of the Medical Library Association in Philadelphia, PA on September 25-28, 2016.
The meeting theme is “L3: Librarians, Leadership and Learning” and will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Center City, just minutes away from the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, the Philadelphia Academy of Music, and numerous other arts, dining, shopping and entertainment venues. We assure you the City of Brotherly Love and the conference will captivate you!
Proposals for papers and posters should relate to the meeting’s theme:
LIBRARIANS: Discuss the evolving role of librarians and libraries, and show how you respond to change. Demonstrate best practices and innovative projects at your library.
LEADERSHIP: Share your achievements that have improved patient care, customer service, quality, education, or research. Show how you lead in your institution to increase diversity and reduce disparities.
LEARNING: Discuss your role as both teacher and learner. Demonstrate how you transform education for health care professionals, students, or patients. Show new skills you have learned to improve your practice.
Guidelines for submissions:
- Deadline to submit abstracts is APRIL 15, 2016. Authors will be notified of acceptance by June 17, 2016.
- Abstracts must be 300 words maximum. A structured abstract format is required. See MLA’s Research Section for guidance on structured abstracts: http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=517
- Poster and paper submissions will be evaluated for originality, innovation, organization, and clarity of presentation, as well as relevance to the meeting’s theme of librarians, leadership, and learning.
- Additional information (such as schedule and set up instructions) will be sent with acceptance notification.
- Presenters must be authors and registered for the meeting.
Submit your abstract online: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pmYrzQs3ueF4L2jnbVy8NgX728LhqtNYJaV3Cc3vquM/viewform?c=0&w=1
You will receive an immediate confirmation receipt.
If you have questions about the submission process, please contact: