Electronic Services Coordinator Position
The Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library at The George Washington University supports the educational, clinical and research needs of the Medical Center.
The Web Services department is works closely with the other library divisions to provide access to the library’s resources and services.
Electronic Services Coordinator
The Electronic Services Coordinator at the Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library is a crucial member of the library staff. This position works closely with staff in the library operations department and the reference and instruction department in order to provide web-based access to the library’s vast electronic collections and services, and integrate specialized library software. Other duties include responsibility for the library’s mobile presence, instruction, currency with new technologies including web 2.0 applications, and membership on various library committees. This position reports to the Associate Director for Education, Information, and Technology Services.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Upgrade content and design of library website based on usability as new requirements arise.
• Maintain library website in conjunction with Publications Specialist/Web Assistant and Systems Librarian.
• Enhance and maintain library Intranet and mobile sites.
• Develop and support custom and specialized library applications; work closely with library departments to determine development and implementation requirements.
• Document all library development projects.
• Handle accounts on various library systems including LibGuides.
• Chair library Electronic Services and Mobile Committees.
• Serve on various library committees.
• Investigate new projects and technologies for use on library site.
• Participates in School of Medicine and Health Sciences Problem-Oriented, Case-based Learning (PCL) as librarian tutor.
• Participate in the departmental Library Liaison program providing instruction and informational services to various departments (both academic and clinical) of the Medical Center (in conjunction with reference department).
• Partner with the reference department to develop web-delivered courses and instructional materials.
• Manage/track software licenses, request/purchase server and/or workstation upgrades (hardware and software).
• Contribute to library marketing and communication activities.
• Supervise Library Publications Specialist/Web Assistant (FT).
• Coordinate activities with Marketing and Communications Department and Academic and Web Services.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Library work or project experience
• Supervisory experience
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills • Strong project management skills • Knowledge of health sciences resources and environment • Experience with usability testing • Experience with Cold Fusion • Experience with Drupal • Familiarity with Google Apps and Analytics • Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of library staff and patrons.
The minimum salary is from $54,000, based on experience and qualifications, plus excellent academic benefits.
Application Procedure: The review of applications will begin on February 8,
2012 and will continue until the position is filled. Send resume, cover letter that outlines assessment of skills as they relate to basic qualifications and salary requirement to the address below. Also provide the names and contact information of 3 references including telephone numbers and addresses. The successful candidate will be required to submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Only complete applications will be considered.
The George Washington University Medical Center
Attention: J. Marie Miller
Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
2300 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
The George Washington University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.