Free CE Opportunity!!
Several libraries in the MAC MLA region are hosting the upcoming MLA CE webcast and are opening their doors to you! Join them to participate in this CE opportunity – FREE!!!
MLA’s Educational Webcast:Leveraging Mobile Technologies for Health Sciences Libraries
Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., central time
Program Goals:The goal of this webcast is to familiarize information professionals with current practical applications of mobile technologies in clinical and curricular support settings. Topics will highlight innovative uses of mobile technologies, address technology challenges, and provide best practice guidance for applying in viewers local environments.
· Define how mobile technologies can be used in clinical settings
· Define how mobile technologies can be integrated into curricula
· Identify challenges faced when using mobile technologies in different settings
· Explain challenges faced in clinical and curricular settings that mobile technologies can help solve
· Demonstrate how mobile technologies can be used in your own setting
· Plan how to work with vendors and IT support to enable use of mobile technologies
· Identify opportunities for library resources via mobile technologies in multiple settings
· Compare different mobile technologies and choose which might be appropriate for your own setting
Where You Can Attend:
· Host institution:
The University of Maryland Health Sciences and Human Services Library and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region
· Address: 601 W. Lombard St., Baltimore, MD, 21201
· Location: Distance Education Room, (Take elevator or stairs to the Lower Level of the library)
Contact Andrea Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-706-8868. MORGANTOWN, WV
· Host institution: West Virginia University Health Sciences Library