Free NNLM CE Class (January 2021) Beyond an Apple a Day: Providing Consumer Health Information at Your Library
NNLM will be offering Beyond an Apple a Day: Providing Consumer Health Information at Your Library from January 8, 2021 to February 5, 2021.
This 4-hour CE class covers the health information seeking behavior of consumers and the role of the librarian in the provision of health information for the public.
* Come learn about the evolution of consumer health, health literacy and the e-patient.
* Participants will leave equipped with knowledge of top consumer health sites. We will discuss creative ideas for health information outreach.
* The class will wrap up with an opportunity to explore effective marketing approaches and develop an elevator speech.
This class teaches you the basics of providing consumer health information at your library. We will cover:
* Challenges of providing consumer health information
* Planning a consumer health service
* Consumer health on the internet
* The reference interview
* Project development / marketing
Visit the class page to register: