Future MAC MLA Annual Meetings
Dear MAC Members,
Thank you for your patience with the 2019 Annual Meeting! When I assumed the role of Chair following the 2018 Annual Meeting, I did not realize that the 2019 Annual Planning Committee Chairs were not identified. I want to thank our Annual Planning Committee Chairs who volunteered to co-chair the conference this year:
- Lynn Eades, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Mary Beth Schell, NC AHEC Digital Library, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Jana Schellinger, Laupus Health Sciences Library, East Carolina University
These three wonderful people stepped in at the last minute to volunteer their time and plan an annual conference in less than one year! If you see or talk to them, do thank them for their tireless efforts to organize the annual conference. They have truly shown their resiliency, flexibility, and creativity, which highlights the theme for this year’s conference.
With that said, I spent some time identifying annual planning committee chairs for upcoming MACMLA Annual Conferences so that they will have as much time as possible to plan future meetings. I would like to recognize the following people who have agreed to co-chair annual planning meetings over the next few years:
2020: Western Pennsylvania
- Renae Barger, Health Sciences Library System, University of Pittsburgh
- Rebekah Miller, Health Sciences Library System, University of Pittsburgh
- Emily J. Hurst, Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Stephen Barkley, Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University
2022: Joint Meeting with Southern Chapter MLA in Charleston, SC
- Ryan Harris, J. Murrey Atkins Library, University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- Shannon Jones, Medical University of South Carolina
I really would like to recognize the time and effort these co-chairs will have spent to make future annual conferences engaging and beneficial to our membership. Thank you for your service!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call (410-706-2066) or e-mail me.
Tony Nguyen, MLIS, AHIP
Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Medical Library Association