Provides information management services specializing in biomedical published information supporting R&D including support of regulatory and safety compliance within Worldwide R&D (WRD) (e.g., pharmacovigilance). Role will include using search skills and tools to gather information from the published literature and other relevant sources to provide value-added answers to customers. Provides standardized information service models to customer teams and supports the automation of search processes. Contribute to team initiatives to advance information services.
- Executes bibliographic services with regards to published literature ensuring compliance with regulatory and safety reporting guidelines.
- Supports WSR pharmacovigilance and other regulatory functions (literature surveillance for business-critical functions).
- Troubleshoots literature search and alert technical issues for manual and automated search processes.
- Provides information retrieval (search services) using biomedical literature databases and other information resources for researchers and teams
- Uses analytical methods and tools to evaluate search results to provide value-added answers to customers.
- Supports existing database and library tools for information retrieval and result analysis. Contribute to investigation of future state tools to improve current information processes used by customers.
- Contribute to training and outreach efforts directed at end-users
- Contribute to initiatives and projects within Information & Library Services in support of the WRD portfolio
- Degree (BA/BS), preferably in a scientific discipline, with 3-5 years relevant experience or an information management, informatics, or Library Science education.
- An advanced degree, MS preferably in a scientific discipline with 1+ years relevant experience or an advanced degree, MS, in Information Management, Informatics, or Library Science is preferred
- Demonstrated skill in online searching using professional information tools/databases. Knowledge of Medical Safety, Regulatory and compliance requirements with regard to literature surveillance is preferred.
- Skill in advance searching techniques such as text mining and machine learning is a plus.
- Must have solid interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Strong attention to detail required.
- Able to build customer relationships and to be a productive team member.
- Must have ability to work independently and arrange workload to meet priorities and deadlines.
Office environment, including flex space, computer desk work, standing for oral presentations
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. Role can be located at either Pearl River, NY or New York, NY locations.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.