Internship posting: Harrison Medical Library, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
The Harrison Medical Library at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center has an opening for a paid library intern to assist with a National Library of Medicine-funded patient education project. Under the supervision of the library director, the intern will provide reliable health information on topics such as disease management, diet, exercise, and medications directly to cardiology clinic patients. It is anticipated that the results of this project will be used as the basis for a poster presentation and a publication.
The intern will work one weekday per week, 8 hours/week, for one year.
Intern opportunities will include
· Working one on one with clinic patients, introducing them to reliable health websites like MedlinePlus, AHA (American Heart Association) and others, obtaining specific information as needed
· Communicating with physicians about the information provided to patients
· Making follow up phone calls to patients after clinic visit
· Assisting with data collection for a research project and poster presentation
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Masters of Library/Information Science program and have an interest in medical librarianship
- Recent graduates (within the last year) from an ALA-accredited program will also be considered
- The successful applicant should be comfortable in a clinical setting and have excellent communication and listening skills
Interested persons should contact Linda Gorman, MLS, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-550-0679.
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center will be widely recognized for innovation and excellence in clinical care, education and research in medicine. As a leading academic medical center, we will provide an enriching environment for our employees and an exceptional health care experience for our patients and their families.
Our Core Values
- Excellence & Discovery
- Leadership & Integrity
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Respect & Collegiality