Job Announcement: Medical Librarian Consultant, American Urological Association
Serves as a liaison to AUA staff and guideline document panels by conducting systematic literature reviews. Using PubMed and EMBASE, and other sources, and employing MeSH terminology tree, performs detailed literature searches to identify articles pertinent to urologic guideline topics including the assessment of articles to determine quality and level of evidence.
Works collaboratively with guideline panel chair(s), panel manager, and consultant panel methodologist in an iterative process to develop appropriate literature search strategies when developing the project protocol or topic template. Literature search results should identify, at a minimum, the following article characteristics: study design, size of study, length of follow-up, treatment, duplicate populations.
- Master in Library Science (MLS) or related field.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Access.
- Expertise in the use of bibliographic database systems, including:
- National Library of Medicine (PubMed)
- National Guideline Clearinghouse
- Guidelines International Network
- Cochrane Library
- Knowledge of evidence-based medicine and systematic review.
- Overnight travel and occasional weekend work may be required.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 410-689-3830.