Job Opportunity – Data Science Informationist, Full-time at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
To learn more and apply for this position, visit https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and search for job number 27917. You will need to submit your resume/CV, a cover letter, and a list of three references. In your cover letter, please describe how you meet or exceed the required and preferred qualifications for the position. Highlight your strengths.
Strauss Library (https://library.cuanschutz.edu/) is the physical and digital hub of knowledge on the campus, coordinating access to information in support of learning, research, clinical care and service to the community. The library provides the largest collection of health sciences information resources in Colorado, and a digital repository.
The Data Science Informationist collaborates with and lends support to research departments, laboratories, and individual scientists within the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in matters relating to data management, bioinformatics, and scientific computing. As a member of the Education and Research department, the Data Science Informationist also actively participates in instruction, reference, consultation, searching, and liaison services.
Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement consultation services and instruction on scientific data access, management, and preservation.
- Partner with faculty, actively contributing to research proposals and projects, curriculum development, and outreach to the surrounding community.
- Provide researchers with training and guidance on the appropriate use of electronic collaboration and workflow management tools to support team-based research activities
- Educate researchers about open science compliance requirements especially regarding publications and data
- Monitor trends in biomedical data curation, clinical translational sciences, scientific computing, and biomedical research
- Conduct training and consultation services regarding the effective application of biomedical information tools (e.g. NCBI databases, PubMed, Ensembl and other relevant resources)
Salary range (faculty rank will be based on years of experience). This is a non-tenure track position.
- Instructor: $66,000 – $70,000 (1 – 2 years exp)
- Senior Instructor: $70,000 – $77,000 (2 – 5 years exp)
CU Anschutz offers a full benefits package. Benefits are extended to spouses and partners (including common law and same gender) and children. A complete listing of CU benefits and perks, including tuition assistance and paid parental leave, can be found at the following URL: https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/perks/anschutz-medical-campus.
Strauss Library offers in-house IT support, professional development funding, and continuing education opportunities for all staff members. We are committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse team of faculty and staff, and strive to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
- Advanced degree in a biomedical research field OR master’s degree or higher from an ALA accredited library school or international equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with biomedical researchers or demonstrated understanding of the work of laboratory scientists, good research practices and where to apply data science and informatics to biomedical research
- Six months to a year of working experience or a continuing education certification in concepts and tools for reproducible research (e.g. Tidy Data, Literate Programming, Version Control Systems, etc.)
- Six months to a year of working experience or a continuing education certification in biomedical information resources (e.g. Entrez, Ensembl)
- See all qualifications on CU Careers
- Applications are due by December 2, 2022
- Anticipated start date: March 2023
The University of Colorado requires full completion of COVID-19 vaccinations by start date. More information and exemptions can be found at: https://www.cuanschutz.edu/coronavirus/vaccine-information.