Job Opportunity:Information Services Desk Evening Staff, HSHSL, University of Maryland, Baltimore
Information Services Desk Evening Staff, Health Sciences and Human Services Library (HSHSL), University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)
Students Welcome to Apply! (This is not a Federal Work study position)
8 – 16 Hours per week, evenings
Purpose of Position
This position will staff the HSHSL’s Information Services desk during evening hours. In the evening, the HSHSL is used primarily as a student study hall. However, it is important to have a staff member at the Information Services Desk to answer directional questions, circulate a book, assist with a printing question, or report a building issue.
- Staffs the HSHSL’s Information Services Desk:
- Interacts with library users by answering directional questions and providing referrals.
- Performs circulation functions such as checking books in and out.
- Assists library users with printer/scanner/photocopier questions.
- Implements library policies and procedures.
- Uses the HSHSL’s staff HELP system to report building issues and library submission form to report unusual library incidents.
- Performs Information Services Desk closing routine.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
COMPENSATION: $15.64 per hour
HOURS: Monday – Thursday: approximately 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM (academic year only). Can work up to 40 hours.
To apply: Visit the UMB jobs portal, Taleo, https://www.umaryland.edu/jobs/
Search staff positions with the key word Library. Or link directly: https://umb.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=220001EM&lang=en