Job Posting: Access Services Librarian – UNT Health Science Center
The Libraries Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Access Services Librarian to join our team. See UNTHSC Career Opportunities<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.unthscjobs.com_applicants_Central-3FquickFind-3D58891&d=BQIF-g&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=AXtpFLtuqK0MbU9VOwJXzQ&m=NWso5nrIFVdF4OnPoQ4UzPb_4qTWqb01QuyxUme2Zyg&s=Y-P_l23Zk5h3xQUyn5gq_3JtK_Z-xf6gtsQn8u-pmsE&e= > for more information about the position and application process.
The salary for this position starts at $52,008 and is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Manages and oversees daily operations and workflow within all Access Services (Circulation, Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery) departments.
* Creates staff development programs, develops training documentation and provides training for all Access Services staff.
* Responsible for recruitment and hiring of all Access Services personnel.
* Coordinates the supervision of staff within the Circulation and Document Delivery departments.
* Develops, communicates, and interprets circulation and document delivery policies consistent with the library’s mission and goals.
* Serves as the System Administrator for the Library Resource Sharing System (ILLiad).
* Provides management and oversight of the library’s physical collections.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of standard practices in the evaluation, selection, and acquisition of scholarly information resources.
* Knowledge of copyright, intellectual property and licensing terms/issues in a networked environment.
* Evidence of excellent organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and with others in a collegial, service-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two or more years’ experience supervising circulation or ILL in an academic or health science library.
* Demonstrated knowledge of current ILL software and operation in a health science library.
* Experience working with an integrated online system from SirsiDynix, Inc.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.