Associate Director Library Information Services Scott Memorial Library Thomas Jefferson University Philadelphia, PA
The Associate Director, Library Information Services, has primary responsibility for Information Services delivered to the Center City Campus of Thomas Jefferson University and Hospital’s community of users. Reporting to the Director of Library Operations, the Associate Director Library Information Services provides leadership in developing and managing the Library’s Information Services Department to support teaching, learning, research, and clinical care. As a member of the Library’s management team, he/she will evaluate existing services, plan and develop new services, and coordinate information and clinical support services delivery with other Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) units.
* Responsible for overall management and coordination of all Information Services activities, including supervision and evaluation of all staff in the Department and services provided by the Department.
* Assess existing departmental activities, especially reference services, and develop innovative programs and services for meeting the information and research needs of the Jefferson community.
* Cultivate relationships with faculty and clinicians to identify opportunities for CTL partnerships.
* Attend committee meetings, clinical rounds, leadership and management meetings, journal clubs, seminars, case-conferences, and other appropriate forums, contributing expertise in advanced information and knowledge management practices.
* Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Determine core knowledge requirements and coordinate skills enhancement for Information Services professional staff.
* Responsible for staff training in the effective use of knowledge-based resources.
* Teach library, information literacy or other specialized classes in cooperation with other CTL staff. Conduct new student and human resources orientation sessions.
* Evaluate and recommend information resources (books, journals, databases) to supplement the Library’s collections.
* Investigate new technologies and works with others to reevaluate and update software and bibliographic tools to respond to the changing information-seeking needs of Jefferson users.
* Play a leadership role in the identification and organization of knowledge-based information resources for the Library’s website.
* Collect and analyze data on the use of information services for evaluation and planning purposes. Help formulate and accomplish goals and objectives for the Information Services Department, Scott Memorial Library and CTL.
Master of Science/Information Science, ALA-Accredited MLS or its equivalent in experience, training, and practice. An additional degree in a clinical specialty or basic science is preferred.
A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in an academic, research or health sciences library. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work well with people and different technologies. Demonstrated experience in managing, supervising, and motivating staff; evidence of a strong commitment to public service. Knowledge of issues and trends in reference services.
* Log onto http://www.jeffersonhr.org
* Select the Search Jobs tab (Yellow Box).
* Click “Search Jobs Now” button on the bottom of the page.
* This will take you to the career website. You will need to register a username and password to begin the application.
* Once you have created an account click on Keyword Search.
* Enter the Job Opening ID 9220217 and click “Search,” this will take you to the job posting to complete and submit your application.