Job Posting: Biomedical and Translational Research Librarian, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
Campus Description: Stony Brook University has established itself as one of America’s most dynamic public universities, a center of academic excellence and a leader in health education, patient care and research. Listed among the top 1 percent of all universities in the world by Times Higher Education World University Rankings, Stony Brook is home to more than 24,000 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff, including those employed at Stony Brook Medicine, Long Island’s premier academic medical center and teaching hospital. With 603 beds, Stony Brook Hospital is the region’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory.
|Descriptive Title: Biomedical and Translational Research Librarian||REF#: F-8602-14-04|
|Budget Title: Senior Assistant Librarian/Associate Librarian||Faculty Position|
|Department: Library||Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC|
|Salary: Commensurate with Experience|
Required Qualifications: ALA accredited Master degree of Library/Information sciences. Master’s Degree in a science or health sciences related field. Three or more years of experience as a full-time science or health science librarian in a higher education institution.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with evidence-based practice instruction, journal club or grand rounds. Evidence of grant and publication ability. Demonstrated ability to work collegially and cooperatively with others in a team environment.
Responsibilities & Requirements: The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop educational and research-related aids for researchers in areas such as Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Neurobiology, the Cancer Center; Center for Molecular Medicine and Cardiology; Center for Cancer Genetics.
- Promote the ongoing development of the clinical medicine and biomedical sciences collections.
- Explore and develop new methods for supporting biomedical research at Stony Brook University and to create and support collaborative departments within the University.
- Provide research support through consultation, training, current awareness, and service development. Build relationships with bench researchers and clinicians through effective participation in clinical librarian and other informational programs.
- Serves as the liaison to programs in biomedical research, bioinformatics, neurobiology, clinical medicine, bioengineering, and medical translational sciences.
- Work directly with faculty on systematic reviews, grant applications, and special projects/presentations.
- Assist research faculty in developing interdisciplinary collections, promote collaborative research for the Health Science and Life Science departments, assist faculty with curation of data sets for the Stony Brook research enterprise and Institutional Repository.
Special Notes: This is a tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. **Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to guarantee consideration, please apply by May 20th, 2014. Anticipated start date: as soon as possible.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter and resume/CV to:
Pamela DiPasquale Senior Staff Assistant Library Director’s Office
Melville Library, Room W-1511
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3300