Job Posting: Clinical Information Librarian, Atlanta, GA
- Facilitates knowledge sharing across the system for physicians, clinical staff, business leaders, and other employees.
- Performs extensive searches of medical literature to answer questions and address issues related to patient care, research, and education.
- Provides individualized, point-of-need instruction to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta employees on database searching and use of medical literature to build an evidence-based practice.
- Builds collaborative relationships with clinicians, the librarian will coordinate and attend hospital rounds, morning report, case conferences, and other clinically-relevant forums, and will provide immediate information as requested using current technology and resources.
- Develops and oversees electronic resource collection, which may include the management of materials for optimal value of resources, preparing budget requests, contract negotiations, overseeing compliance with various licensing agreements, maintaining electronic resources, updating and troubleshooting hardware and software, creating various reports and presenting to leadership.\
- Assists in the development, implementation, and promotion of library services, policies, and procedures.
- Plans and sets goals and objectives for the future of the medical libraries, including determining services needed, the most effective ways to provide them, and the resources necessary to support them.
- Coordinates daily operations of the library, including customer service, day-to-day library operations, processing new materials, maintaining existing resources, and information retrieval and dissemination (e.g., interlibrary loans and supervising volunteers).
- Provides instruction and education such as classes, tutorials, seminars, workshops that support the goals of the medical libraries, and possibly developing in-service and outreach programs to market services and expand access to library resources.
Apply here: https://careers.choa.org/job/Atlanta-Clinical-Information-Librarian-GA-30322/597050600/
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.