Job posting: Clinical Information Librarian, Augusta, GA
The Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library of Augusta University invites applications for the position of Clinical Information Librarian. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Research & Education Services, the primary focus of this non-tenure track faculty position is to support Augusta University’s clinical and educational mission through planning, development, delivery and evaluation of quality health information and instruction.
* Master’s degree in library science from an ALA accredited institution
* Experience in a health sciences library or other health sciences environment
* Advanced knowledge and experience with current resources, vocabularies and research techniques in the biomedical sciences, specifically Evidence-Based Medicine tenets and teaching methodologies
* Collaborative planning and problem solving abilities; ability to implement and manage programs and projects
* Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong customer service skills and abilities, especially an outgoing, entrepreneurial, client-centered focus
* Evidence of ability to meet university standards in librarianship, teaching, research and publication, and service commensurate with faculty status
For more information, please see the full job posting at https://www.augusta.edu/librar
Please supply a cover letter, resume or CV, and three professional references as one PDF document.
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Generous benefits include a competitive health package, Tuition Assistance Program, campus wellness facilities, Perks at Work discount program, Teachers’ Retirement System, and other retirement options. Support for professional development is also available. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Augusta is a vibrant community with an affordable cost of living. Schools in the area are desirable and include several magnet schools. Augusta University is developing a new Cyber Institute in town in partnership with the local Army base. Augusta hosts the annual Masters Golf Tournament as well as an annual ironman competition. It also has a lively arts community and is the home of the Greenjackets minor league baseball team, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Augusta is near other attractive communities to visit such as Atlanta, Savannah, Charlotte, SC and Asheville, NC.
Please direct questions to:
Gail Kouame, MLIS
Assistant Director for Research & Education Services Augusta University Libraries, Greenblatt Library