Job Posting: Clinical Librarian, University of Louisville, Kornhauser Health Sciences Library
|Institution:||University of Louisville|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The University of Louisville (UofL) Kornhauser Health Sciences Library invites applications from creative and self-motivated candidates for the position of clinical librarian. This outgoing individual will help the Library expand its clinical librarianship program. The library provides information and research support to the students, staff, and faculty of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Public Health.
This is a full-time, tenure-track position reporting to the Assistant Director of the Kornhauser Health Sciences Library. Minimum salary is $42,000. The anticipated initial rank is Instructor or Assistant Professor. The entry rank and salary of the successful candidate are dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Building collaborative relationships within clinical departments to support information literacy and evidence based practice
- Engaging with users in their preferred environments, typically outside the library
- Providing evidence-based healthcare teaching sessions
- Collaborating with clinical faculty, residents or students on journal clubs, seminars, systematic literature review projects, and other clinical forums
- Providing timely information as requested using current technology and resources
- Keeping students, faculty, and staff in touch with emerging technologies and electronic information tools in the field of medicine
- Participating in the development of the Kornhauser Health Sciences Library’s clinical library services program
- Supporting KentuckyOne Virtual Library services as needed.
- Participating in the management of the library
- Providing service at library information desk
- Engaging in scholarship and activity in appropriate professional organizations
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent in library or information science
- Knowledgeable about biomedical and evidence based practice literature, research, and clinical tools
- Excellent presentation and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and react quickly in a clinical environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in multiple formats to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated evidence of initiative and flexibility with planning and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively as both a team member and independently
- Demonstrated commitment to health sciences librarianship
- Potential to meet promotion and tenure requirements
- Experience working with users in their environments, as opposed to the traditional library setting.
- Understanding of evidence-based practice
- Experience in a health sciences library
- Experience using EndNote or similar citation management software
- Health sciences background
- Additional graduate degree or certification in a related discipline
Promotion and tenure within the University Libraries required demonstration of scholarship and professional service. The Libraries offer a comprehensive benefits package and annual vacation of 22 working days.
The University of Louisville ( http://louisville.edu) is a Carnegie research university serving 21,000 students in the state’s largest urban area. Kornhauser Health Sciences Library is located at the downtown Health Sciences Center, three miles north of the main university campus, Belknap Campus. The Health Sciences Center is home to over 50% of the university faculty and receives 90% of grant funding. Kornhauser Health Sciences library has partnered with KentuckyOne Health Care in the provision of fully-integrated virtual library services to 27 hospitals and health centers throughout the state of Kentucky ( http://insidekentuckyonehealth.org/Learning/Virtual-Library#.VbuPqE10yUk).
With a national reputation for its high-quality undergraduate programs and over twenty nationally recognized research, graduate, and professional programs, the University also has as a strong commitment to the community in which it resides. The University Libraries (http://louisville.edu/library/) joined the 126-member Association of Research Libraries in 2002. The city of Louisville (http://louisville.edu/library/hr/louisville) offers hospitality, warmth and smaller city advantages like shorter commutes and lower cost of living alongside major city amenities such as world-class performing arts, great sports, incredible dining, and a nationally-acclaimed parks system.
Nominations are sought and welcome. Applications should be submitted via the “Online App. Form” link below Completed applications should include a current curriculum vitae, a letter of interest detailing your relevant experience, strengths and accomplishments, and the contact information for three references. The Search Committee will begin a confidential review of completed applications on September 8, 2015; the position is open until filled. Questions about the position or application process may be addressed to:
Vida M Vaughn
Kornhauser Health Sciences Library
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Official transcripts for required degrees must be received prior to employment. Proper documentation of identity and employability are also required. A criminal background report will be completed on the chosen candidate.