One of our librarians is leaving to go to medical school. Please help us fill this position:
Clinical & Research Librarian: Embedded in OB/GYN and Liaison to General Surgery
Mountain Area Health Education Center, in Asheville, North Carolina, is seeking a dynamic, flexible Clinical & Research Librarian to provide innovative information services that support the teaching, research, and service mission of the organization. The librarian in this position is embedded in the OB/GYN Residency and is the liaison to the General Surgery Residency. Clinical information services include proactive and on-demand information services and targeted alerting services. Research responsibilities include literature searching with critical appraisal and filtering, annotated bibliographies, and bibliographic management. Instructional responsibilities include training in effective use of library services and resources to support evidence-based practice.
Candidates must be self-motivated, able to set and attain goals effectively, manage competing priorities under pressure and be able to adapt to change. The Clinical & Research Librarian must have excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, independent and professional judgment, and decision-making skills. Requirements also include familiarity with information management trends and practices, and successful experience working in a collaborative environment.
Required qualifications include:
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in health sciences/clinical librarianship
- Demonstrated knowledge of health sciences literature and scholarly communication practices
- Evidence of project, priority, and time management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in training and supporting the information needs of clinical providers
- Ability to manage competing priorities under pressure and flexibility to adapt to change
- Outstanding commitment to innovative and responsive customer service
- Documented success working in a collaborative environment and in teams
- Self-motivated, with the ability to set and attain goals effectively
Preferred qualifications include:
- Additional graduate education in health sciences or equivalent field
- Clinical expertise and interest in the fields of women’s health, substance use disorders, and general surgery
- Experience working as part of a research team to design research projects, analyze existing literature, and assist in the writing and publication process
- Experience with quality improvement, health statistics, copyright, liaison services, and embedded librarianship
- Experience in evidence-based teaching and practice for adult learners
- Integration of knowledge and evidence-based resources in the EHR and other clinical tools, and/or GIS
Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC), established as a non-profit organization in 1974, is one of nine regional North Carolina AHECs that collectively serve as leaders in the transformation of healthcare education and services in North Carolina. The largest of the nine NC AHECs, MAHEC is dedicated to improving the health of our region with this mission: to train the next generation of healthcare professionals for Western North Carolina through quality healthcare, innovative education, and best practice models that can be replicated nationally. We not only train practitioners to provide excellent healthcare; we also support those in rural practices to ensure that all individuals, particularly those with low incomes, have access to quality care. MAHEC is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the underserved and we are the largest safety net primary care provider in WNC.
Librarians in MAHEC’s Library and Knowledge Services team are embedded within departments, develop expertise specific to programs and services, are key members of research efforts, and work together as a team to proactively meet the information needs of the organization and the region, and to promote the use of evidence-based information.
Asheville is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains and is the cultural hub of Western North Carolina. It has a population of nearly 100,000 and is the ideal community for families (young and old alike!), outdoor enthusiasts, and music, art and beer lovers. The cost of living is at the national average and public schools are excellent. Access to air travel is nearby in Asheville or Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC. Known as an art colony, a healing resort and a home to notable luminaries, statesmen and bohemians, Asheville, NC is one of the most welcoming, vibrant cities in America.
Direct Link to Apply: https://mahec.applicantpro.com/jobs/736647.html
MAHEC Human Resources is located at 121 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC 28803. Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and Spanish/English bilingual persons are strongly encouraged to apply.