Req # 90004586
Consumer Health Librarian is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Consumer Health Library (CHL) and for serving the health information needs of the Mount Carmel Health System communities by linking CHL customers to quality health information in appropriate formats. By developing, coordinating, and implementing consumer health information programs and outreach to community based organizations, the Consumer Health Librarian will serve as an information advocate for consumers and the professionals who serve them, creating an environment where diverse health information needs are met in a timely and confidential manner. This position requires a public-service oriented information professional who services consumers and patients, caregivers, and health care practitioners access to a wide range of health and medical information and who exercises a high degree of independence and sound judgement.
- Master Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution or its equivalent required.
- MLA Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) Level l or Level ll preferred.
- At least two years of consumer health/patient information, public health social work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of consumer health information resources and searching knowledge based computer databases i.e. Medline Plus, required
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated to meet deadlines and to plan, prioritize and focus on critical issues.
- Maintains valid drivers license; able to travel between MCHS locations and flexible to work evenings and/or weekends as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Posted: September 20, 2013