Job Posting: Education & Information Services Librarian, Boston University, MA
Forgive the cross-posting. New graduates encouraged to apply!
EDUCATION & INFORMATION SERVICES LIBRARIAN, Alumni Medical Library, Boston University
The Alumni Medical Library, Boston University Medical Campus, seeks a service-oriented and collaborative Education and Information Services Librarian. This entry-level position works a team of librarians to provide high quality reference, education and research services. This full-time position works in the Reference and Education Services department under the direction of the Assistant Director of Library and Information Management Education.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Serves as liaison to an assigned School or program to identify needs in education services, resources, subject webpages, online tutorials and course portals. Communicates information about library resources and access to faculty both individually and during meetings. Works with students in support of research needs, including support for dissertations and theses.
* Provides information skills instruction to students, faculty, and staff.
* Provides reference and research services.
* Develops skills to participate in new Systematic Review and Research Data Management services.
* Creates, updates and maintains Library web-based subject pages (LibGuides).
* Serves as primary back-up for Access Services. Schedule: Monday Friday 7:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m., with very occasional nights/weekends.
* Master’s degree (MLS, MS, or MA in Library or Information Science, or other variation) from a program accredited by the American Library Association or international equivalent. December 2021 graduates welcome to apply!
* Demonstrated interest and/or experience in academic or health sciences libraries.
* Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
* Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and in library services.
Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC), located in the historic South End of Boston, comprises the School of Medicine, School of Public Health, Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, and BUSMs Graduate Medical Sciences. The Campus includes Boston Medical Center, the primary teaching affiliate of the School of Medicine, and the Solomon Carter Fuller Mental Health Center, a state mental health facility. Renowned for the quality of teaching and research and for service to the community, these schools provide education and training in the most current thinking and techniques in their fields, with a particular focus on disadvantaged, underserved, and indigent populations. Together, the schools employ more than 2,900 full-and part-time, affiliate and volunteer faculty members, many of whom are leading experts in their fields, and train a diverse group of nearly 3,800 full-and part-time students.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and resume by January 2, 2022. Submission details available on our website https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=308746&company_id=15509&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1017554&startflag=1
Kate W. Flewelling, MLIS, AHIP
Director, Alumni Medical Library
Boston University Medical Campus
72 East Concord, L-12
Boston, MA 02118