Job Posting: Emerging Technologies and Systems Librarian, Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ
The successful candidate will provide management and leadership in planning, implementing, maintaining and improving Library systems and digital services. The librarian will identify emerging technologies and develop programs and best practices for the Rowan Universities Libraries on all three campuses [Libraries] and will work collaboratively to support Library faculty and staff to improve library services.
Primary job Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise in identifying, evaluating, and making recommendations concerning the use of new and emerging technologies available to support the delivery of services and resources
- Provides leadership and coordination for planning, implementing, and training for the adoption and integration of new technologies
- Participates in the ongoing development and evolution of digital asset management in support of The Libraries’ Digital Repository including relevant technology applications and metadata development
- Oversees responsibility for the development, maintenance and upgrade of the integrated library system (currently Voyager) and additional library applications (e.g. ILLiad)
- Evaluates user-side applications and their significance in systems design and resource delivery
- Provides technical assistance and support to ensure the provision of timely data for measurement and analysis
- Coordinates departmental efforts in resolving technical problems including library equipment and applications
- Assures the necessary infrastructure for the effective delivery of locally provided resources and content
- Acts as primary library technical contact in communication with Information Resources (University computing) and University Web Services department on the coordination of services
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science
- Five years of professional library experience, preferably in an academic library, with at least three years of increasing responsibilities for technology and library systems
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of new technologies in the library setting with the ability to acquire new skills and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to provide technical support in the use of hardware and software, in both the PC and MAC environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with integrated library systems (Voyager preferred)
- Experience with content management systems (DRUPAL preferred)
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with resource sharing software
- Knowledge of MARC format and non-MARC metadata standards
- Familiarity with social media and its use in the library setting
- Familiarity with web site design and maintenance
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to customer service
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to continuing professional development and participation in professional activities
- Work experience in an academic library
- Experience providing technology support in a complex university library environment
- Experience supervising staff and student employees
- Experience with creating documentation
- Experience in training in technology based services
- Experience with ADA requirements
- Experience with image and/or text based digital repositories and best practices in digital projects
Start Date: July 1, 2014
The application must be submitted through our online application system.
Submit cover letter, resume and supportive material by April 30, 2014.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.