Job Posting – Information Services Librarian (Philadelphia, PA)
Thomas Jefferson University is recruiting for an information services librarian.
The Information Services Librarian performs in all areas of health sciences information delivery: consulting with users, conducting database searching services, teaching, and participating on project teams. The librarian will participate in the development of new programs and information services, in support of the Jefferson mission.
This position is based at the center city Philadelphia campus with a 35-hour per week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm schedule and the option to work remotely up to two days per week. It will be appointed at the librarian or senior librarian rank depending on experience and qualifications.
* Provide core reference services to library users online or in-person. These services include assisting users on the effective use of knowledge-based information resources and bibliographic management software.
* Provide in-depth consulting services to faculty, students, researchers and clinical care providers on the effective use of information resources and bibliographic management software.
* Teach library, information literacy, evidence based practice, evidence synthesis, or other specialized classes in the university and clinical setting.
* Develop and maintain specialized knowledge of the library’s databases, search interfaces and other online resources in order to consult with campus users to match resources with information needs, assist with search strategy development and describe management options for citation download and output.
* Assist with oversight of LibGuides.
* Participate in conducting new student and new employee orientation sessions.
* Interact with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
* Master of Science/Information Science, ALA-Accredited MLS
* Professional library experience in a health care or health sciences setting preferred
* Experience with advanced literature searching techniques and systematic reviews preferred
* Knowledge of medical and health literature databases required
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson’s clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson’s mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.