Job Posting: Librarian, Galen College of Nursing, Cincinnati, OH
Galen’s Cincinnati campus is seeking a full-time librarian. This position will ensure that the information needs of Galen’s student body are met on a day-to-day basis and collaborate with library and local campus administration to ensure that library policies are appropriate and are being upheld. Galen librarians function as library branch managers.
1. Conducting reference interviews, performing circulation duties, providing Microsoft Office Suite and library instruction, and performing all other non-administrative duties necessary for the library’s successful daily functioning.
2. Providing library orientation to incoming students and faculty.
3. Monitoring and trouble-shooting all library hardware and software.
4. Supervising one or more library assistants and performing library human resources duties as needed.
5. Collaborating with the dean and administrative librarian to develop library policies which ensure that the information needs of the students and faculty are being met, and upholding these policies.
6. Collaborating with local campus administration and faculty to develop local library collections. Developing the collection includes providing input on technology/software purchases and Galen’s collection development guidelines.
7. Providing recommendations to campus dean about campus library budget needs.
8. Providing input to campus dean and administrative librarian regarding Galen Libraries’ short- and long-term goals.
9. Performing simple or complex copy cataloging as needed.
10. Administering computerized academic testing in the library’s computer labs as required by individual campus. Trains library assistants or other Galen staff to administer academic tests as needed.
1. Keeping current on new trends in medical librarianship and librarianship in general via networking and professional organizations.
2. Establishing and maintaining partnerships with other local libraries and educational institutions.
3. Performing other library-related duties not specified here but that may be required as circumstances dictate.
Education: Master of Library Science
Outside relationships: Appropriate professional organizations
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and be able to access books on high shelves. Occasional lifting of about 20 pounds is also required.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal
To learn more or to apply online, please visit http://www.galencollege.edu/nursing-school-careers-jobs.php?gnk=job&gni=8a699b98421e72c601424773d46654e1&gns=Indeed