JOB POSTING: Librarian (Medical Sciences), Falls Church VA
This position is open to Federal Employees. Overview and application information are here:
About the Position: This position is with the US Army Medical Command (MEDCOM), Patient Care Integration, Patient Administration Division located in Falls Church, VA.
* Responsible for the full scope of library operations, administration, and program management of the USA MEDCOM (Medical Command) Library System.
* Provide technical guidance, consultation and training for the staff of USA MEDCOM and its major subordinate commands’ full-service libraries.
* Develop contract specifications, provision of technical advice to the contract officer, and the performance of Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) functions.
* Webmaster administrator of the USA MEDCOM Library System’s Virtual Library and the milSuite site for AMEDD MEDLI-NET (Medical Library and Information Network) member libraries Websites.
* Conduct staff assistance and site visits to USA MEDCOM libraries throughout the Army, and worldwide, analyzing activities, programs, and personnel.
* Provide evaluations, recommendations, and solutions to commanders related to medical library policy and functions.
* Direct the Command’s DA ACTEDS (Army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System) short-term and competitive training opportunities.
For questions, go to https://portal.chra.army.mil/h