Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VHA-658-12-KM736837
|SALARY RANGE:||$47,448.00 to $61,678.00 / Per Year|
|OPEN PERIOD:||Thursday, August 30, 2012 to Wednesday, September 19, 2012|
|SERIES & GRADE:||GS-1410-09|
|POSITION INFORMATION:||Full Time – Permanent|
|DUTY LOCATIONS:||1 vacancy in the following location:
Salem, VA United States
|WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:||Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 736837. Please include on all uploaded documents and refer to this number when making inquiries.
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE ANNOUNCEMENT AND PRINT IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO APPLY AND/OR COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s veterans. The VA Medical Center of Salem, Virginia is located adjacent to Roanoke which has natural beauty and many summit features such as: the Roanoke Star and its overlook of the Roanoke Valley, the Mill Mountain Zoo, and many outdoor pursuits such as the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway which run through this area. The Salem VAMC offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on employment opportunities and benefits, please visit our website at: http://www.VAcareers.va.gov.
Special Employment Consideration: Individuals eligible for the following appointments are encouraged to apply: 5 CFR 213.3102 “u”, Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities; mental retardation, severe physical disabilities or psychiatric disabilities; and Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Designated and/or Random Drug Testing
· Background and/or Security Investigation
· Must pass Pre-Employment Examination
· Must meet time in grade requirement
Work Schedule: 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Position Description Title/PD#: Lirarian/#1809
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
· Provides reference and public services to Medical Center staff, affiliated students, patents, and their families.
· Oversees public reference services, interlibrary loans, etc.
· Ensures access to information at other libraries and centers are available through interlibrary loan process.
· Locates and selects appropriate material/information using broad range of current and retrospective sources (e.g., on-line computer databases, other libraries, or external subject sources).
· Develops reading lists and bibliographies to meet user needs.
· Explains arrangement, resources, and services of the library.
· Instructs users on use of automated systems, and support equipment (e.g., copiers, printers, micro fiche readers, etc.) in library.
· Participates in collection development/management including acquisition, organization, maintenance, preservation, and removal or replacement of materials.
· Monitors expenditures for on-line searches and interlibrary loans.
· Consolidates and prepares variety of report and statistics.
Questions about this job: