Job posting: Medical Librarian, Philadelphia, PA
Drexel University Libraries is currently recruiting for a medical librarian. Discipline expertise in genetics, neuroscience, pharmacology or bench science is preferred. Candidates should also have an understanding of evidence-based practice and experience with curricula support.
The librarian will offer medical subject expertise in information resources and tools, pedagogy and/or research to collaborate with faculty and staff to integrate research and information-seeking instruction into appropriate courses and curriculum to advance information and data literacy skills. The position will report to the Curricula Support Manager. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and support resources for guidance and assistance for clients to find, access, evaluate, and use information as part of the Information Assistance program
- Create and maintain web-based research guides, tutorials, and web pages
- Actively contribute to build partnerships with clients and colleagues to develop programs and tools that enrich teaching, research, and scholarship.
- Share information and feedback from Schools and Colleges about their relationships to scholarship with Libraries leadership and program managers to improve services and resources.
- Provide general, as well as specialized consultation in person, phone, email and chat
- Provide discipline expertise for selection decisions on scholarly content
- Contribute professionally through participation in campus activities, external service, and/or publication, presentation, or research
For more information and to apply see Drexel Careers (https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/494404/medical-librarian)