Job posting: Medical Librarian, Princeton, NJ
MedVal/PharmaWrite is seeking a full-time librarian to work on-site in Princeton. The librarian will perform biomedical literature searching and analysis, scientific journal and conference research, document delivery, and maintain the electronic reference database. We have various electronic database subscriptions and online research tools.
The Medical Librarian is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day workflow of the library.
* Manage day-to-day operations and facility
* Develop and maintain journal and congress grids and databases
* Manage workflow to meet internal and external deadlines
* Maintain up-to-date database of library resources
* Develop search strategies to support medical writing teams
* Review, monitor and allocate monthly expenditures
* Monitor use and renewals of journal and database subscriptions
* Suggest improvements in process, software, resources
* Participate in business development initiatives
* Stay up-to-date on industry news
* Other duties as assigned
* Master of Library and Information Science degree
* Knowledge of health science resources, journals, and medical literature databases, e.g., ProQuest Dialog, MEDLINE, Embase, BIOSIS, PubMed, Scopus, etc.
* Knowledge of reference management software, e.g., EndNote
* Expertise in data-retrieval techniques and document delivery
* Basic computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Rosie Lynch, President, MedVal