Job Posting: NIH Library Informationist, Bethesda, MD
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce an exciting employment opportunity for an exceptional candidate to serve as an Informationist. If you have experience providing information services and instruction in a clinical or research biomedical library setting and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team. This is a GS-11/12/13, Biomedical Librarian position. For more information, visit https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/services/informationists.
We expect to announce this vacancy on USAJOBS.gov on June 17, 2019 and the application will be open for 10 calendar days. The application period reflects the NIH’s effort to hire talented people quickly. You may preview the draft announcements now at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535225100/ and https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/535225300/ but you will not be able to apply until June 17th.
We encourage you to create or update your USAJOBS.gov account and profile now so you will be ready to apply when this job is announced. As part of the application process, it may be necessary to upload copies of degree transcripts. We also encourage you to set up email notifications for job announcements. Please visit the USAJOBS.gov Help Center at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/ for more information.
Thank you for helping spread the word to others who may be interested.
Major responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Serves as an expert information advisor and consultant to NIH and HHS customers
- Consults and collaborates with researchers, clinicians and staff to aid them in locating, accessing, identifying, and managing information
- Utilizes a range of biomedical information resources and databases to provide information to researchers, clinicians and staff
- Develops and provides a program of instruction in areas such as the use of analytical tools, scholarly resources, and library resources
- Provides advice and consultation to researchers, clinicians and staff in using the Library’s products and services
- Performs outreach across NIH and HHS to understand users’ information needs and markets library services and resources that meet those needs
- Consults with other research librarians, researchers, clinicians, and peer groups within and outside NIH and HHS to keep abreast of developments, new methods, and search techniques in the area of specialty, information science and biomedicine
Contact Margaret McGhee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 451-9335 for more information.