Job Posting: Opportunities at the NIH Library: webmaster and user experience opportunities at the NIH Library
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce employment opportunities for exceptional candidates to serve as:
Technical Information Specialist (two vacancies, GS-1412-11/12/13, FPL 13), posting period December 1 – December 10, 2021
Applicants who are members of the public: Announcement number: NIH-ORS-DE-22-11281214 https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/623634500
Applicants who already federal employees or who are otherwise eligible as a status applicant, or through an OPM interchange agreement:
Announcement number: NIH-ORS-MP-22-11300752https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/623635600
If you have experience providing technical services and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team.
- Responsible for application administration and configuration of the library’s digital library applications, including the Drupal-based website, library catalog, link resolver and remote access services.
- Responsible for interoperability of the website with external web services and content, ensuring a seamless and intuitive discovery experience for the NIH Library user.
- Tests, evaluates and documents new or updated software, modifications, or other changes to the NIH Library website and the overall digital library environment.
- Participates in digital library development, automation, and usability, collaborating with stakeholders to determine project goals, optimal design strategy, and information architecture.
- Participates in administering the technology infrastructure contracts, including the integrated library catalog; annual maintenance contracts for library-held hardware and software, and web development contracts.
For more information about the NIH Library, visit https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/agency/nih
Potential applicants can reach out to John Doyle, Acting Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify application procedures and position duties.
As part of the application process, it may be necessary to upload copies of degree transcripts. We also encourage you to set up email notifications for future opportunity announcements. Please visit the USAJOBS.gov Help Center at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/ for more information.
Please share this information with others who may be interested.
John P. Doyle, MSI
Acting Director, National Institutes of Health Library Division of Library Services Office of Research Services Bldg 10, 1L-19A, MSC 1150 Bethesda, MD 20892