Job Posting: Outreach Coordinator, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
The University of Massachusetts Medical School – School of Medicine was founded in 1962 to provide affordable, quality medical education to state residents and to increase the number of primary care physicians practicing in underserved areas of the state. Our mission is to advance the health and well-being of the people of the commonwealth and the world through pioneering education, research, and health care delivery with our clinical partner, UMASS Memorial Health Care.
Under the general direction of the Associate Director or designee, the Regional Medical Library Outreach Coordinator plans and coordinates outreach programs for the region. Coordinate the New England Region Exhibits program. Serve as liaison to National Library of Medicine (NLM) for direct outreach to health professionals. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for identifying unaffiliated, underserved, and minority health care and information professionals in the New England region. Implement and work with Network members to implement outreach efforts to serve the New England region.
- Develop overall outreach plan for the region in consultation with other New England Region Coordinators and the Associate Director
- Identify unaffiliated, underserved, and minority health care professionals and geographical areas in the region and develop goals and objectives for New England Region outreach programs in consultation with the Associate Director
- Evaluate and report on the progress goals and objectives
- Provide information on NLM, the New England Region, and NN/LM services. Also provide information on NML systems and the internet to health care librarians and health care professionals in targeted service areas
- Coordinate and establish the budget for the New England Region Exhibits Program
- Exhibit NLM, NN/LM and New England Region products and services at regional and national meetings
- Monitor awards and subcontracts in the service area
- Establish library linkages for unaffiliated/underserved health care professionals in an assigned service areas
- Edits outreach issues of the New England Region’s newsletter and writes publications pertaining to outreach
- Attend assigned national/regional exhibits
- Promote NLM funding in assigned service areas
- Maintains clearinghouse for consultants and trainers
- Develop and maintain content on the New England Region’s web site for program areas
- Serve as liaison to the Education and Training Committee and the Outreach Committee
- Perform other duties as required.
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited program
- 3 years of related experience, including 2 years of proven advanced teaching and database skills and knowledge
- Ability to plan and implement innovative services
- Current knowledge of technologies in medical libraries
- Working knowledge of PubMed, DOCLINE, Loansome Doc, SERHOLD, Medlineplus and HTML
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, other NLM and NCBI databases
- Experience in information management programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written communications
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work cooperatively in a demanding and changing environment with all levels of staff and a variety of users
- Flexibility, initiative, and problem, energy, and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Work schedule will vary in order to meet meeting and exhibit obligations.
- Must have a valid Class D motor vehicle drivers license.
- Must have reliable transportation, license and insured to drive in Massachusetts. (Mileage will be reimbursed pursant to UMMS policy.)
To apply, please visit https://careers-umms.icims.com/jobs/20836/job?mode=view