Job Posting: Research Analyst, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
The North Carolina Biotechnology Center (NCBiotech) seeks a creative clinical research librarian to join the Life Science Intelligence (LSI) team as a Research Analyst.
Life Science Intelligence
The Life Science Intelligence team enables the success of NCBiotech staff as well as external clients in life sciences companies and organizations. We do this by conducting secondary research to develop custom reports, data analysis and visualizations and by designing in-house tools to maintain and deliver comprehensive and accurate data about the life sciences industry in the state, including a life sciences company directory.
Research Analysts work with the LSI team to deliver actionable intelligence to client startups or larger companies in North Carolina and beyond. This position is at least 50% of the time embedded, virtually, in a large client company. Work includes systematic reviews, research for regulatory compliance or clinical outcomes. Unlike traditional library services, our services are fee-based.
- Provides research and program support to all clients; provides analyses in answer to a wide range of broad and complex factual and speculative questions using available databases and other resources for both internal staff and external clients.
- Collaborates as an embedded professional in other Center units or client organizations.
- Develops and curates custom alerts.
- Serves on a variety of departmental and interdepartmental teams, at the Center and for the client.
- Communicates the value of the team’s work and assists in marketing LSI services by fostering relationships within the life sciences community. Attends and/or presents at networking events as a representative of the unit and looks for opportunities to reach new clients.
- Contributes to our clients’ information literacy and research abilities by teaching short sessions.
- Consults with internal staff in the development of new data tools and resources; in the appropriate use of existing software applications; and in creative solutions for information storage and retrieval problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced search techniques in a variety of research databases, search engines and online tools.
- Experience providing information service in fast-paced corporate setting
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Center staff and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated curiosity and creative problem solving.
- Experience with visualization tools and techniques preferred.
Minimum Education. Skills and Experience Required
In addition to a Master’s in Library or Information Science, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience including reference/research work, preferably in a corporate or life sciences setting. Life science research experience required.
Transforming Life Science and North Carolina
Here in North Carolina, NCBiotech catalyzes the many different transformations that are improving the quality of life around the world. We connect companies with university researchers and introduce entrepreneurs to potential funders. Transformation even happens on an individual level as job seekers find their dream opportunity in the life science field.
North Carolina is leading the push toward better healthcare, faster diagnostics and more sustainable food production all the while, creating jobs right here in our state. This economic transformation is why the General Assembly has funded us for three decades, and continues its commitment today.
How to Apply
Note that Center employees must be North Carolina residents. Candidates can live within commuting distance of any NC city where we have an office:
- Research Triangle Park
Minimum salary: $60K. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0b7d08be-192d-43f0-9265-1083f99520c7&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=347634.
Review of applications will begin on Monday, November 8.