Job posting: Resident Librarian, Morgantown, WV
Come work with us at West Virginia University Libraries! This is a Resident position to be based at the Morgantown, WV campus. Preference given to applications received by May 4th.
Resident Librarian – Libraries– 14675
West Virginia University Libraries seeks applications from engaged, innovative, and adaptable early-career librarians for its Residency Program. The three-year program provides an opportunity for the Resident Librarian to explore areas of librarianship and research, build marketable skills, and develop partnerships. The residency is designed for librarians from traditionally underrepresented groups and seeks to build a foundation for a strong career trajectory based in the Resident’s area(s) of interest in academic librarianship.
WVU Libraries is committed to addressing diversity in our organization and in the library profession. The Residency Program and the Libraries Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee are part of our ongoing efforts in this area. We are actively examining our culture and taking steps to create an inclusive and welcoming environment. WVU Libraries is also a founding member of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Diversity Alliance.
- Resident-selected rotations in four library areas during the first year
- Resident-selected departmental immersion program in years two and three emphasizing skill-based learning and scholarly activity
- Mentorship with experienced librarians is available and highly encouraged
- Generous support for professional development and travel
- Engagement in collaborative, professional, University, and community service activities
- Participation in ACRL Diversity Alliance events and activities, as available
Librarians at WVU hold non-tenured faculty appointments; this position will be filled at Visiting Librarian rank. All librarians are members of the Library Faculty Assembly. Salary is commensurate with entry level library professionals and includes full benefits.
- ALA accredited Master’s degree (by start date)
- Early career with up to and including 5 years experience
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong interest in a career in academic librarianship
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to ALA values
- Letter of application that includes a detailed statement of interest in the residency position and addresses how our residency program can help you meet your professional goals.
- Curriculum vitae
- Three professional references
First consideration will be given to those who apply by May 4, 2020.
West Virginia University Libraries
As an integral part of a land-grant institution, West Virginia University Libraries serve the university community, with an enrollment of over 29,000 students, and state residents. The library system is composed of the Downtown Campus Library, Evansdale Library, Health Sciences Library, West Virginia and Regional History Center and libraries at Potomac State College and WVU Beckley. Onsite collections include more than 2 million books, 500,000 eBooks, and 80,000 online journals. WVU Libraries belong to the Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium, Inc., (PALCI) and the Greater Western Library Association (GWLA). As founding members of the ACRL Diversity Alliance, we value diversity and aspire to provide a supportive and inclusive environment to foster innovation and professional development.
West Virginia University
Located in the scenic rolling hills of Morgantown, West Virginia, West Virginia University is a land-grant institution and the state’s flagship university. WVU is ranked as a Research University (Highest Research Activity) in the 2016 Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. WVU is among the top 100 public universities in the U.S. News and World Reports Best Colleges. WVU has a vibrant campus of 15 colleges and schools offering 193 bachelors, masters, doctoral and professional degree programs.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
· Visit the job posting direct at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=14675&lang=en#.Xox89ezfkwY.link and click “Apply Online”