Job Posting: Senior Librarian, Information Services (Graduate Medical Education), Philadelphia PA
Senior Librarian, Information Services (Graduate Medical Education)
The Senior Librarian, Information Services, performs at an advanced level in all areas of medical information delivery: consulting with users, delivering database searching services, and participating on project teams. The Senior Librarian will engage directly with Jefferson’s enterprise resident population to support their research and clinical information needs. The Senior Librarian will participate in the development of new programs, and information services, in support of the Jefferson mission.
* Develop and implement new outreach initiatives and services to Jefferson’s enterprise Graduate Medical Education population. Support research and clinical information needs of this cohort through individual consultations, systematic reviews, small class programming and journal clubs.
* Provide core reference services to general library users via phone, email, online chat or in-person. These services include assisting users on the effective use of knowledge-based information resources and bibliographic management software.
* Develop and maintain specialized knowledge of the library’s databases, search interfaces and other online resources in order to consult with campus users to match resources with information needs, assist with search strategy development and describe management options for citation download and output.
* Teach library, information literacy or other specialized classes in the university and clinical setting. Participate in conducting new student and human resources orientation sessions.
* Develop and maintain specialized knowledge of health sciences librarianship such as evidence-based practice, critical appraisal, open access publishing, NIH Public Access Policy, and social networking.
* Perform mediated database searches using a variety of bibliographic vendors.
* Interact with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
Master of Science/Information Science, ALA-Accredited MLS
Three years of professional library experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred. Knowledge of medical and health literature databases required. Experience with advanced literature searching techniques and systematic reviews essential.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 7,800 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in 10 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
* Select the Search Jobs tab (Yellow Box)
* Click the “Search Jobs Now” button on the bottom of the page (you will be directed to our careers page)
* Once on the careers page, register a username and password to begin the application
* Once you have created an account, click on “Keyword Search”
* Enter the Job Opening ID 9225158 and click “Search”
* Please include your cover letter as the first page of your resume document
* Complete the application and click “Submit”