Senior Research & Learning Services Librarian, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
This is a 12-month, full-time, non-tenure track faculty appointment. Faculty rank will be at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor depending on experience.
- Provides reference and research support services, as well as information literacy instruction.
- Coordinates Single Service Desk and supervises RLS staff and student workers.
- Mentors RLS librarians to deliver professional services.
- Guides UTHSC faculty, staff, and students in the effective use of library services and resources.
- Provides expert literature search services for systematic reviews and other research projects.
- Develops and maintains LibGuides for specific disciplines and subjects.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to design and teach curriculum-integrated instruction sessions for both classroom and online learning environments.
- Creates online tutorials for distance education students focused on library resources and information literacy skills.
- Participates and assists in the planning of library events for students and faculty.
- Serves as library liaison to specific academic colleges or departments to identify their needs and solicit input on library collection development for specific departmental disciplines.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of library services, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in professional activities and professional development.
- Manages or assists with special projects.
- Master’s degree in library/information science from a program accredited by the American Library Association or an equivalent graduate library science/information studies degree.
- Five (5) years of professional-level academic experience.
- Experience providing library instruction and reference/research support.
- Knowledge of information literacy in library instructional activities.
- Knowledge of technology tools, including mobile devices and web applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and shown evidence to work collaboratively in a team environment with a strong service orientation.
Priority consideration will be given to those submitting applications by 01/10/2019.
For full job announcement, please see https://www.uthsc.edu/library/documents/sr-rls-librarian-2018-11-16.pdf
For any questions, please contact me.