Job Posting: Solo hospital librarian, upstate New York
Director of Library Services
Arnot Health is seeking a knowledgeable, driven individual to join our Library Services and Education team. The Director of Library Services supervises all facets of the library service including planning, facilities, collections, services, and budget.
The duties for this position include:
- Provides reference service to library users, including online searching in National Library of Medicine databases, internet and other online databases and services as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Director of Graduate Medical Education, through the provision of reference services, literature searching, obtaining of articles, as well as monograph and journal collection development supports the knowledge-based information needs of our medical students and Resident Physicians, Program Directors, Core Faculty and medical staff.
- Selects, acquires and maintains a collection of current print and electronic resources according to a selection policy appropriate to the needs of the hospital.
- Processes interlibrary loan requests for the borrowing and lending of all types of library materials and obtains materials on interlibrary loan. Maintains cooperative relationships with regional libraries and networks.
- Consults with the Vice President for Medical Affairs and Medical Group President, School of Nursing Library Committee and School of Radiologic Technology regarding library facilities, resources, policies, and services. Serves as Chairman of the School of Nursing Library Committee.
- Instructs patrons in the use of the library. Provides orientation program to new nursing, radiologic technology students, medical students, residents, and fellows. Offers orientation to new faculty and physicians. Produces library orientation pamphlet for new hospital employees.
- Prepares and is responsible for adhering to the library budget. Keeps expenditure records for books, journals, and electronic resources acquired for the School of Nursing, Medical Staff and for the Medical Center.
- Graduation from an accredited library school with a Masters in Library Science. Courses in Medical Librarianship and Medical Bibliography, and certification by the Medical Library Association is desirable.
- One year experience, or an equivalent combination of course work and experience. Knowledge of online systems and microcomputers.
Apply at https://www.speediarms.com/jobboard/default.aspx?customer=fa741d90-c6b2-4255-b372-c66cf0eddf11. (Note: Click on Arnot Ogden Medical Center; Management/Professional; Director of Library Services.) Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posting for the South Central Regional Library Council of New York State. Arnot Ogden Medical Center is in Elmira, New York–a gateway to the beautiful Finger Lakes District of upstate New York.