Job Posting:Library Technology & Reference Specialist, Springfield, VA
The Medical Education Campus Library of Northern Virginia Community College invites applications for a full-time Library Technology & Reference Specialist.
The Library Technology and Reference Specialist has two primary functions:
1. Support and enhance user access to information by providing reference and instruction services
2. Provide technology support to users, including coordinating with the IT department to update, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the library’s technology (computers, software, printers, scanners, assistive technology, etc).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and enhance user access to information by providing reference and instruction services; Provide in person and online reference services; Apply independent judgement and decision-making regarding library patrons and services; Teach library instruction in classroom setting and provide supplemental support as needed through research guides, tutorials, handouts, etc.
- Provide technology support to users, including coordinating with the IT department to update, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the library’s IT-managed technology (computers, software, printers, scanners, assistive technology, etc. Independently maintain the library-owned technology (tablets, laptops, media equipment, etc.).
Serve as a point of contact for technology support in library. Coordinate with IT Department and Instruction & Technology Librarian to keep library technology working, up-to-date, and user-centered. Assist the Instruction & Technology Librarian in the selection and implementation of new technology resources and services.
- Additional responsibilities include: contributing to the NOVA Libraries social media outreach; creating and updating research guides, manuals, and other instructional objects/tools, collection development, circulation desk services, serving on campus/college committees, managing and maintaining MEC history archives, and other tasks/projects as assigned. Reports to Instruction & Technology Librarian.
For complete position description and qualifications, and to apply, please visit https://nvcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/25325
Application period closes 9/23/2019.